2. Maybe even a well-lit pile of leaves will do.
6. Put together carving kits for guests.
In mason jars, duh.
9. Replace your regular bathroom soap with a superior bar that looks like pumpkin pie.
10. Put these in your bathroom so guests don’t all use the same gross damp cloth to dry their hands.
11. Set up a DIY Chili Bar.
Ruth Reichl has some good tips on how to make better chili.
12. Put all the party snacks that usually goes in a bowl inside a pumpkin instead.
13. Offer a vegetarian alternative to the chili.
Red Lentil and Vegetable Soup with Chive Yogurt. Get the recipe at Bon Appétit
16. Serve boozy pumpkin pie milkshakes.
17. Maybe people want something lighter, like Honeycrisp Apple Sangria.
Get the recipe at Nutmeg Nanny
18. Or nonalcoholic mugs of hot chocolate rimmed with graham crackers.
19. Send people home with party favors.
20. Maybe those skulls are filled with pumpkin seeds you’ve roasted during the party.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Scatter pumpkin seeds in a single layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, mix together. Bake for about 7 minutes, until light brown and crispy.