1. This is Central Park at 2pm today as NYC prepares to receive Hurricane Sandy. Obviously the park is closed.
2. But stand there for a minute or two and a runner will pass by.
3. Actually, a lot of runners.
4. One can only assume that these runners thought the park would be open.
5. And they were determined to squeeze in a little exercise.
6. You have to admire their dedication.
7. Many of them were even in shorts.
8. New Yorkers are so awesome.
10. Some of them were in those crazy barefoot running shoes.
11. Likewise, this is the Hudson River Park at 59th Street.
12. Obviously it is also closed.
13. But this is stopping no one.
14. New Yorkers are determined to exercise.
15. Hurricane Sandy or not.
16. Luckily the policemen think it’s hilarious.
Here Are Today's Top Stories
- [Dominica Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit said that Tropical Storm Erika killed 20 people there, and set the island back 20 years from the damage. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/stephaniemcneal/at-least-5-people-are-missing-after-tropical-storm-erika-thr)
- [Police are investigating the death of Jamycheal Mitchell, 24, who was arrested months ago in Virginia for allegedly stealing about $5 worth of groceries. He was found dead in his jail cell last week. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimdalrympleii/black-man-held-for-months-for-stealing-5-worth-of-snacks-fou)
- Owen Labrie was found not guilty of felony sexual assault charges stemming from a 15-year-old former student's accusations that he raped her at St. Paul's School. ›