1. Does THIS look like a dog known for “its ability to fight”?!?!
3. When you look up “pit bull” in the dictionary, it offers the following definition:
4. Pit bulls and pit bull lovers across the world are NOT happy about this newfound discovery.
5. “Why are you trying to stereotype us?” —these two, to the editor of the dictionary
(They’re also up for adoption.)
7. I mean, just look at this stylish gal.
Joseph Voves / Creative Common / Via Flickr: jvoves
9. How about this beautiful girl, who helped save her little Chihuahua friend with one eye?!
Savannah-Chatham Metropolitan Police Department / Via Facebook: SCMPD
10. I think we can all agree: Merriam-Webster’s dictionary has some serious editing to get to.
12. “Peace and harmony are our middle names.” —these dogs
This Year’s Love / Creative Commons / Via Flickr: 82328600@N00
13. “Can you add something about how we promote interspecies acceptance?” —this guy, to the publisher of the dictionary
14. “I always hug it out, I don’t know what these dictionary people are talking about.” —this dog, in an official statement
15. “Well, OK, fine… One time we fought. I guess you could say it got pretty ugly.” —these guys
18. “We can pretend it never even happened.” —this cool dog
In The News Today
- Doctors Without Borders is demanding a war crimes investigation into the U.S. bombing of its Afghan hospital. ›
- The European Union is now using naval vessels in the Mediterranean to intercept boats that are smuggling refugees and migrants to Europe. ›
- Tomas Lindahl, Paul Modrich, and Aziz Sancar have won the Nobel Prize in chemistry for figuring out how cells repair DNA. ›