1. Last month, a video of an awful man in Brooklyn brutally kicking a cat — then laughing about it — went viral.
The cat’s attacker, Andre Robinson, 21, was arrested and charged with aggravated animal cruelty.
2. The 1-year-old cat, named King, flew 20 feet into the air and sustained some tissue injuries, but was treated at the ASPCA and made a successful recovery.
3. Yesterday, he was made available for adoption — and, unsurprisingly, the playful kitty was adopted almost immediately.
Look at that cute little face!
4. Congratulations to King and his new adopter! We wish them both the best.
And kudos to the ASPCA, which aided in the cat’s speedy recovery and helped him find his forever home. Check out the organization’s blog, which will be updated to include more information about the kitty’s adoption.
“We are pleased to have found a wonderful home so quickly for King,” said Gail Buchwald, senior vice president of the ASPCA Adoption Center, in a statement. “We know some people may be disappointed they did not get a chance to take King home. However, we want to remind you all that this month is Adopt a Shelter Cat Month and there are many adoptable cats and kittens in need of homes in shelters across the country.”
5. See all the other adorable kitties up for adoption at the New York ASPCA here!
- A flash flood emergency has been issued Sunday in Charleston, South Carolina. More than 16 inches of rain fell in some areas. ›
- President Obama says the U.S. has launched a full investigation into the airstrikes that killed 19 people at a hospital in Afghanistan on Saturday. ›
- More than a dozen people were killed after severe storms and flooding swept through the French Riviera on Saturday evening. ›