1. This is your house — that you share with 114,804 of your closest friends.
2. This is your “little brother.”
3. This man elicits a rage deep inside of you that you didn’t know existed.
So does this guy (and his sweater vest).
4. But this guy holds a soft spot in your heart.
7. You think the only way to successfully play sports is with your shoes untied.
10. You feel like this every single time we win a football game.
12. Not even a line around the corner on a cold November day would deter you from getting the #2 on toasted rye.
14. Even years after graduation, you want to be here on Thursday nights.
15. You can’t possibly go straight from the bar to your house because you have to stop for late night.
17. You feel like you’re at a different school when you go here.
19. You’ve played in the mud, on purpose, to be a Mudbowl champion.
20. One day a year you can “legally” smoke marijuana (aka Hash Bash).
21. And on the other 364 days of the year, you can “hang out” here.
26. You’ve seen a midnight showing of “Rocky Horror Picture Show” here.
27. You remember what State Street was like when chain stores weren’t allowed.
28. You wouldn’t dare step on this before your first blue book exam for fear of failing.
29. You have great and horrible memories from nights in the Stacks.
30. The library where you “studied” has a pretty bad acronym.
The Shapiro Undergraduate Library aka the UGLi
31. You know better than to even sneeze in here, for fear of being kicked out by the law students.
33. You’ve thought about bringing your future spouse to the West Engin Arch.
The story goes, if you kiss someone under the arch before you turn 21, you two will get married. Others say if you simply kiss under the arch at exactly midnight, at any age, you two will get married.
34. And any time you’re walking down the street and see someone wearing University of Michigan apparel:
- Dylann Roof has been formally charged with nine counts of murder for the Charleston church shooting last month.
- Britain marks 10 years since 52 people were killed in terrorist attacks in London.
- Harry Shearer, the voice of Mr. Burns on "The Simpsons," will rejoin the show. In May, he said he was leaving.