1. Former Arrested Development star Portia de Rossi is heading to Scandal Season 4, the actress’s rep confirmed to BuzzFeed.
2. De Rossi’s wife, Ellen DeGeneres, was the first to tweet about her “top secret arc” on the ABC drama on Wednesday.
3. The show’s writers also confirmed the news shortly thereafter.
While it’s still unclear what role de Rossi will be stepping into or how many episodes she’ll be in, the possibilities are endless: Perhaps Olivia Pope (Kerry Washington), who we last saw flying out of town with Jake Ballard (Scott Foley), is bringing her in as a fixer to fix her crumbling fixer firm; perhaps she’ll be joining Olivia Pope & Associates in Harrison’s (Columbus Short) place; or perhaps she’s working with Mama Pope (Khandi Alexander), building a tunnel to break her out of the “hole.”
5. Anything is possible in Shondaland, and at least de Rossi already knows how to rock all white!
Portia de Rossi arrives at the 86th annual Academy Awards on Sunday, March 2, 2014, at the Dolby Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center in Los Angeles.
6. Scandal Season 4 will premiere on Thursday, Sept. 25, at 9 p.m. on ABC.
- Two bomb attacks in the central Nigerian city of Jos have killed at least 44 people.
- Greek Finance Minister Yanis Varoufakis has resigned following an overwhelming "no" vote on new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. The country's future in the eurozone is uncertain.
- The U.S. defeated Japan 5-2 in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup. It was the highest scoring final in the history of the tournament ⚽️