1. On the Aug. 8 episode of Girl Meets World, Riley Matthews (Rowan Blanchard) was invited to her first party. And her father Cory (Ben Savage) seemed a bit jealous. But let’s take a stroll down memory lane, Mr. Matthews.
2. Cory was, in fact, invited to his first party in 7th grade! And Riley acted just like he did: stressed when the invites were being hand-delivered in the hallway.
3. Riley was certain that her best friend Maya (Sabrina Carpenter) — aka Girl Meets World’s Shawn Hunter (Rider Strong) — would be invited and she wouldn’t, putting them in different categories in the junior high school hierarchy.
9. And Topanga went back to that girl when faced with a moral dilemma about whether to help her firm evict the local Ukrainian bakery or protect the shop.
And yes, that’s Cloris Leachman.
10. Because, in that dress, in the moment she was truly her quirkiest self, Cory fell in love with her.
11. In the midst of her dilemma, Topanga also applied some Feeny Law: Instead of doing well, she wanted to start doing good.
13. And Cory has also been doing good every day. (Look at the top of the bulletin board in the back of his classroom.)
14. Dream. Try. Do Good.
In The News Today
- A judge ruled that the six Baltimore officers charged in the death of Freddie Gray, a black man allegedly killed by police in April, will have individual trials. ›
- Senate Democrats have secured enough votes to uphold the Iran nuclear deal when Congress votes on it later this month. ›
- Hundreds of Eurostar passengers moving between Britain and France were stranded for hours as people were seen on the tracks attempting to get through the tunnel. ›