1. On the Aug. 8 episode of Girl Meets World, Riley Matthews (Rowan Blanchard) was invited to her first party. And her father Cory (Ben Savage) seemed a bit jealous. But let’s take a stroll down memory lane, Mr. Matthews.
2. Cory was, in fact, invited to his first party in 7th grade! And Riley acted just like he did: stressed when the invites were being hand-delivered in the hallway.
3. Riley was certain that her best friend Maya (Sabrina Carpenter) — aka Girl Meets World’s Shawn Hunter (Rider Strong) — would be invited and she wouldn’t, putting them in different categories in the junior high school hierarchy.
4. And then, Riley was beyond shocked when the invitation was addressed to her, not Maya.
5. But she should have learned from her dad: The first party of the year is always a geek party.
9. And Topanga went back to that girl when faced with a moral dilemma about whether to help her firm evict the local Ukrainian bakery or protect the shop.
And yes, that’s Cloris Leachman.
10. Because, in that dress, in the moment she was truly her quirkiest self, Cory fell in love with her.
11. In the midst of her dilemma, Topanga also applied some Feeny Law: Instead of doing well, she wanted to start doing good.
13. And Cory has also been doing good every day. (Look at the top of the bulletin board in the back of his classroom.)
14. Dream. Try. Do Good.
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- World leaders will meet in Paris starting Monday to discuss a potential global climate change agreement. ›
- "Victor Frankenstein" joined the ranks of 2015 films that opened in more than 2,000 North American theaters, but earned less than $4 million on opening weekend. ›