NBC’s new web series Fright Night At The Luncheonette, which combines characters from Jason Katims’ former drama Friday Night Lights and his current one Parenthood, debuted on Thursday and saw Dillon, Texas’ own Crucifictorious stop by Crosby and Adam Braverman’s Bay Area recording studio The Luncheonette to make some beautiful crossover music together.
1. Three years after we last saw Crucifictorious on the series finale of Friday Night Lights, Landry, Devin, and a new unnamed band member have sold their song to “a shady local car dealership in [their] hometown” for a commercial.
Good to know Buddy Motors is still thriving!
2. Amber must have been chatting with Coach and Mrs. T because she thinks Landry’s name is “Lance.”
3. The band members also now smoke pot in their free time.
Or, according to Max, “his mom’s breast cancer medicine.”
4. Billy Riggins came by with some friends and his standard six-pack. But not before finding the Bay Area’s own “Landing Strip.”
Mindy kicked him out of their house and he’s been following Crucifictorious around the country ever since.
5. And yes, he’s still giving beer to teenagers.
6. Amber has an East Dillon Lions football T-shirt.
Presumably from Luke. I mean Ryan. I mean Luke? If Matt Lauria appears on this series, the universe will implode.
7. And Landry confirms that every female in the country knows Tim Riggins after Amber tells Billy to tell Tim she says hi.
But don’t judge her too much: “It was one time.” (Side note: I can only imagine this is Mae Whitman’s dream come true.)
8. Like any true Dillon party, a mess was made and many a red Solo cups perished.
9. Landry confides in Amber that he was studying engineering but hated it so he left college mid-semester.
So apparently, he’s still lying to his parents, but about stuff less serious than murder.
10. Billy is also still wearing his state championship ring and tries to teach Max how to throw a decent spiral.
Maybe he’s still coaching the Panthers during the season?
11. Oh, and Amber and Landry kiss! Move over, Riggins!
Watch the whole webisode here!
- At least three people – including a police officer – died in a shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. The suspect is in police custody. ›
- At least 15 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›