1. Please, gather ‘round. Close your eyes, sit down, and think back to a time long ago when Shia LaBeouf looked like this.
2. Or this, actually. Even better.
3. A time when Shia sported shirts with well-endowed squirrels on them.
4. A time when he was thoughtful enough to show his fans, quite literally*, that times were good. Times were great.
*Surf’s up + Thumbs up = I love my fucking life.
5. When he kissed cheeks enthusiastically and wore ball caps with handprints on them.
6. Shia was precious. I mean, look at those locks!
7. Look at how he holds that small bag of popcorn!
8. He was so incredibly awkward, like most people during puberty and we loved him for it.
10. No, there was not. Look at what a gentleman he was! Fixing ties and wearing pinstripe suits and such.
11. He was casual. He was relaxed. LAID-BACK, EVEN??
12. Even Ben Affleck appreciated him and wanted to show the world!
14. when his clothes didn’t fit him right and he let his curly hair flow!!
16. Shia was a sweet, sweet boy! He gave forehead kisses and wore undershirts.
17. He probably said things like “I’m me and I’m unique.”
19. Take this moment, for example. It was so innocent and so darling. It was the year it all began, 2005. Or the year something began. *
*Maybe, the year something ended??
20. Remember when he didn’t take himself seriously yet and red carpet events were fun!? Almost enjoyable??
21. When he thought UGG boots were man’s greatest gift to this world!
22. When he would look through his belt buckle and you would laugh and think “Why didn’t I do that with my belt buckle??”
23. When his polka-dotted clothes made you jump for joy, internally!
24. All those times he used to put his awards in his mouth! That was funny, Shia. Bravo!
25. When he made eye goggles at his premieres and he was just as beautiful as ever!
27. We know the Shia in this photo still exists!
28. We miss you and your old ties!
30. We miss this large, redonculous hat that didn’t even fit your head!*
*Also, this Screech shirt.