1. Katy started out her musical journey with very silky pants and very pointy shoes.
Date: February 2004
2. Eventually, with the help of this massive faux flower, she transitioned into a young hopeful musician.
Date: February 2005
3. You can see the beginning stages of her retro-inspired aesthetic come to life around 2006.
Date: April 2006
4. Although after a year, she steered away from the “Joan Holloway” look.
Date: September 2007
5. The lady’s been experimenting with different fabrics and patterns since day one. Exhibit A: Fruit dress.
Date: February 2008
6. Exhibit B: Satin ’80s dress.
Date: May 2008
7. She looked that girl who lives next door, but doesn’t really, in this casual dress with nonchalant hair.
Wonder how that guy’s video turned out?
8. After “I Kissed a Girl” debuted, her getups were more and more vibrant. A modern-day Little Mermaid, if you will.
Date: June 2008
9. Her makeup even matched her clothes.
Date: September 2008
10. In 2009, she got a bob and updated those silk pants.
Date: January 2009
11. Katy looked like a beautiful birthday cake in this lovely dress. Not to mention her makeup looked fantastic.
Date: February 2009
12. Eventually, she spiced things up with crop tops and sequins.
Date: May 2009
13. She looked like a regular California gal in this colorful jumpsuit.
Date: July 2009
14. Ultimately, her signature look was revealed during the summer. Minnie Mouse-chic, you could call it.
Date: June 2009
15. Waking up in Vegas, perhaps? This showgirl-inspired outfit made an appearance in 2009.
Date: September 2009
16. Fast-forward a wee bit, her makeup is less theatrical and her formal attire is more modest-ish.
Date: November 2009
17. She must’ve been inspired by the ’60s with her floral gown and straight-across bangs.
Date: January 2010
18. The popstar persona is in full effect at the Kids Choice Awards in 2010.
Date: March 2010
19. More than a year later, she’s moved onto her high-fashion wig phase.
Date: June 2010
20. Shortly after, she tries out the “fancy ice skater”.
Date: September 2010
21. Eventually, she’s back to black looking like a classic Hollywood starlet in this beautiful gold, off-the-shoulder dress.
Date: December 2010
22. Her wardrobe from 2011 is gorgeous. Period.
Date: February 2011
23. Maybe she was in the mood to mix things up with new hair at the Smurf’s premiere?
Date: July 2011
24. Certainly so at the AMA’s.
Date: November 2011
25. One of my personal favorites was this crazy outfit paired with her memorable blue bob.
Date: February 2012
26. Then things got a little more sophisticated during Paris Fashion Week.
Date: March 2012
27. Who didn’t love her goth-inspired phase?
Date: May 2012
28. Fall 2012, Katy looked like an actual movie star.
Date: October 2012
29. Then the Queen of Pop come Spring!
Date: May 2013
30. This effortless stage was one of her personal best.
Date: November 2013
31. She’s still the same Katy: Dressing for herself and no one else!
Date: January 2014
32. Finally, we’ll end on this.
Date: January 2014
- Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump have won the New Hampshire primaries for the Democratic and Republican nominations 🇺🇸
- The Supreme Court put on hold President Obama's climate change plan, which aims to curb carbon dioxide emissions from power plants.
- And thank the Force: Disney's profits hit an all-time high of $2.9 billion after the latest *Star Wars* film release ✨💰