1. So you’ve decided to hit up a nearby city with your friends
You love where you live but everyone needs to get a little wanderlust out of them, and that new art exhibit just opened up, and there’s no good Thai food where you live.
2. You’ve figured out transportation, funds, dates and the like
3. And you’ve assembled your crew…
4. There’s the person you’ve elected to lead the team
And the power is already going to their head.
5. The Artist
“There’s this really great gallery opening on the other side of town.”
6. The person who thinks the ghetto sounds fun
Because they really don’t think it’s that dangerous.
7. The map guy
“It’s okay everyone, I studied Geography in college.”
8. The foodie
“There’s a great restaurant on the opposite side of town of that gallery opening.”
9. And that one guy who went this city a few times when he was a kid
And thusly thinks he knows how to get around inside and out.
10. First, you miss the train connection you needed to make
Probably because you were too busy telling ghetto guy that the ghetto is in fact dangerous.
11. After a few shady deals, some squeezing and hiding from ticket takers you make it to your destintation
12. Everyone’s already forgotten the plan of stuff to do you thought of last night
13. The guy who’s been here a few times as a kid suggests taking a walk to think
“This city is such a great place to walk around this time of year.”
14. As you’re beginning to enjoy the park you remember you wanted to go to that museum
So now it’s time to use your navigational skills.
16. Everyone refuses to use Map Guy’s maps and think they know better
“I went here all the time when I was a kid, I think I know where I’m going.”
18. The leader suggests asking a local for directions
19. You decide to stop for coffee to regroup
20. You eventually find that museum you wanted to go to
And you all feel extremely cultured.
21. You realize you’ve wasted the whole day and it’s time to get back to the train station
Great work everybody.
23. And still no one will consult map guy
24. It starts to get dark and you’ve wandered somewhere sketchy
Ghetto guy is oddly very excited about this.