1. Perfect the art of the photobomb
Jennifer Lawrence took her quest to be the world’s best friend to a new level when she pulled this Godzilla-meets-hug-monster photobomb at the Golden Globes.
2. No really, photobombing =
Just take a look at Emma Thompson taking a page from Lawrence’s playbook just weeks later at the SAG Awards.
3. Bring your fashion A-game
“Oh, you’ve never heard of me before? Try to forget me now in this to-die-for number in blue.”
4. Don’t put up with that famous Hollywood BS
Prove you are one of us and call out creepy shenanigans for what they are.
5. People love when celebrities keep it real
They’re JUST like us!
::tosses shoes worth a year’s rent over my shoulder::
6. Employ the element of surprise
Keep that Giuliana Rancic on her Louboutin-clad toes.
7. Be aware of current events
“Um, I saw what happened when Obama took a selfie. Thanks but no thanks.”
8. Don’t be afraid to show the little people your appreciation
Even if you risk public mockery and waste valuable speech time. This is your moment. SAVOR IT.
9. Don’t be afraid to get a little weird
Give the audience at home something to tweet about, even if it’s Neptune.
10. If all else fails, be a sassy woman with a blonde pixie ‘do.
Emma. Jennifer. Cate. All have been declared winners of the 2014 award season. Coincidence? I think not.