1. Cool Runnings 2: the Coolest Run Yet
The Jamaican Bobsled team is pretty much guaranteed a spot in Sochi. Yes, this is a good reason for you to spend next Saturday night at home to watch this amazing Disney classic and eat jerk chicken.
2. “Swordfighting” will make its Olympic debut
These are the men’s toilets at the Sochi Biathlon Centre.
3. The Norwegian Curling Team’s Uniforms
In 2010, they brought us the crazy pants. This year, they’re taking it up a notch with this “barbershop quartet” look. Let’s put it that way: it WILL brighten your gloomy February.
4. These guys will get Putin’s panties in a bunch
They’re the band playing at the speed skating oval and they want to play YMCA in support for gay rights.
They also have the same tailor as the Norwegian curling team.
5. The mascots are kind of cute…
… we all know where the inspiration came from.
7. Oh, and Team GB might actually win something
At least if we believe this epic trailer.
- A flash flood emergency has been issued Sunday in Charleston, South Carolina. More than 16 inches of rain fell in some areas. ›
- President Obama says the U.S. has launched a full investigation into the airstrikes that killed 19 people at a hospital in Afghanistan on Saturday. ›
- More than a dozen people were killed after severe storms and flooding swept through the French Riviera on Saturday evening. ›