1. That time he got stood up by some ducks.
2. And when they did make an appearance.
Twitter: @mrddyer / Via Yui Mok/PA Archive/Press Association Images
3. When he commemorated 9/11.
5. When he came up with this inspirational quote for all of us to live our lives by.
6. Oh and this reflective end-of-year one.
Press Association / Via Twitter: @mrddyer
7. When his Christmas decorations weren’t up to scratch.
Getty / Via Twitter: @mrddyer
8. This moment of father–son bonding.
PA Wire/PA Archive/Press Association Images
9. The time he turned his hand to TV reviewing.
Doug Peters/Doug Peters/EMPICS Entertainment
10. That time a trip to the zoo ended emotionally.
11. The time he did his own PR.
Anthony Harvey/PA Archive/Press Association Images
15. When he got emotionally involved in a childrens’ film.
Zak Hussein/PA Archive/Press Association Images
16. When he turned his hand to weather reporting.
17. When he thought about his favourite food.
18. That time he taught everyone at Countdown a brand-new word.
19. When he went all political.
Yui Mok/PA Wire/Press Association Images
20. When he made this clarification.
21. When he got caught out by the grammar police.
22. When he showed himself to be quite the philosopher.
ANDY BUTTERTON/PA Archive/Press Association Images
23. When he provided entertainment for his followers.
Yui Mok/PA Archive/Press Association Images
24. And this time too.
25. When he enjoyed a sophisticated evening.
26. And finally, when he drew attention to the pitfalls of sexual fantasies.
Ellie Woodward is a UK celebrity reporter for BuzzFeed and is based in London.