1. Kourtney and Khloe Kardashian have spent the past couple of months in The Hamptons, where they’re filming their spin-off show, Kourtney and Khloe Take The Hamptons.
The show will follow the sisters as they set up a pop-up store of their clothing shop, Dash, in the Hamptons - as well as covering all the inevitable drama that’ll no doubt occur.
2. But it seems that the locals really aren’t happy about the Kardashian invasion of The Hamptons, and have taken matters into their own hands.
The pair are being targeted by a grass-roots campaign to force them out.
3. Signs which show Kourtney and Khloe’s faces crossed out, alongside the headline #NODASH have been posted on signs around the area.
It’s not known who the culprits are, but local police have said that if anyone is caught defacing public property, they could face a court appearance.
5. There have been rumours of a backlash against the sisters among locals in the community ever since they announced their plans to spend the summer there.
The mayor, Mike Epley said he had no problem with the girls setting up their pop-up store in the Hamptons, but that he wished the producers of the show had forewarned him. However, some locals were unhappy in case the presence of the Kardashians sisters caused traffic disruption of public safety issues if large numbers of fans headed to watch filming. Others were concerned they would “attract trash and ruin the area,” with one local calling them “nothing more than new money”.
- Takaaki Kajita and Arthur McDonald have won the Nobel Prize in physics for their discovery that neutrinos have mass. ›
- Russia is reportedly preparing to send ground troops to aid Syria's campaign against rebel forces. ›
- Grace Lee Boggs, Detroit activist and civil rights pioneer, has died at the age of 100, according to the Boggs Center. ›