1. Some celebrity tattoo fails occur when they forget the importance of grammar.
We’re looking at you and your lack of apostrophe, Ashley Greene.
2. Other times, it’s down to a spelling mistake.
Hayden Panettiere has the phrase, ‘live without regrets’ in Italian inked on her back. Only problem is that it should read ‘Vivere senza rimipianti’ but hers says ‘Vivere senza rimpianti’.
Oh the irony.
3. In fact, you’d have thought celebrities would’ve avoided tattoos in foreign languages altogether.
See David Beckham’s Hindi ‘Vihctoria’ tattoo.
4. Especially when they clearly have trouble with their French adjectives and nouns.
Rihanna wanted ‘rebellious flower’ on her neck. What she has is ‘flower rebel’.
5. Sometimes even English words get lost in translation, demonstrated by Amanda Seyfried’s ‘MINGE’ tattoo.
6. Some celebrity tattoo fails occur when they decide to commemorate their marriage, like Cheryl Cole did.
It’s never a good idea to get ‘Mrs C’ tattooed on your neck when your husband is Ashley Cole.
8. …While Kerry Katona resorted to this elaborate design to cover up her ex-husband Mark’s name.
She said it represents a phoenix rising from the ashes.
Or, you know, a messy divorce.
9. Katie Price rectified the problem by getting another tattoo over Peter Andre’s name when they split, and vowed to NEVER make the same mistake again…
10. …Until she met Leandro.
And then split up a year later.