1. Jay Z was a drug dealer.
He was a crack dealer, and admits that it helped him become business savvy.
He explained: “I know about budgets. I was a drug dealer. To be in a drug deal, you need to know what you can spend, what you need to re-up.”
2. Victoria Beckham played a sperm on roller skates for a BBC sex education show.
The show was called Body Matters.
3. Patrick Dempsey was a champion juggler.
He came second in the International Jugglers Competition and the Junior Division in 1982 and 1983.
4. Channing Tatum was a stripper. Natch.
Yep, he didn’t just play one in Magic Mike. He was one.
He did it for eight whole months when he was 19.
5. Whoopi Goldberg was a morgue beautician.
Prior to that, she was a bricklayer.
6. Hugh Jackman was a PE teacher at Uppingham School.
7. Jackman also worked as a party clown, charging $50 per show.
8. Johnny Depp sold ballpoint pens over the phone.
9. Michelle Keegan worked as a check-in agent at Manchester Airport.
10. Kanye West worked as a sales assistant at Gap.
We’d imagine he gave service with a smile.
12. Rachel McAdams worked at McDonald’s for three years.
She said she ‘wasn’t a very good employee’ and broke the orange juice machine.
14. Jennifer Aniston lasted just two weeks in telemarketing.
15. Helen Mirren worked as a promoter for an amusement park in Southend on Sea.
16. Jon Hamm worked as a set-dresser for porn films.
Although he’s been quick to point out that the porn was strictly ‘soft-core’ and he basically ‘moved furniture around naked people’.
18. Jon Bon Jovi worked as a Christmas decoration maker.
Yes, that’s a thing.
24. Despite being a Scientologist these days, Tom Cruise attended a Franciscan seminary and had aspirations of becoming a priest.
26. Gerard Butler got a law degree from Glasgow University, but was fired from his first job and hasn’t practiced law since.
27. Agyness Deyn worked in a fish-and-chip shop.
28. Angelina Jolie applied to become a funeral director.
29. Eva Mendes sold hot dogs on sticks in a shopping mall.
30. Evangeline Lilly worked as a flight attendant.
31. Sheryl Crow was a primary school teacher.
Oh, and she also wrote songs for Eric Clapton, Tina Turner, and Celine Dion as well as singing backing vocals for Michael Jackson on the side.
32. Ozzy Osbourne worked in a slaughterhouse.
Which is nice.
33. George Clooney was a door-to-door insurance salesman.
34. Mick Jagger worked as a porter in a psychiatric hospital.
He also lost his virginity there — to a nurse in a store cupboard.
35. Cheryl Cole was working as a waitress before her audition for Popstars: The Rivals.
36. Simon Cowell began his career as a post boy at EMI record label, before working his way up to the very top.
37. Nicole Kidman worked as a massage therapist.
She dropped out of school aged 17 to work and help with finances, after her mother was diagnosed with breast cancer.
- Chicago officials have released the video of a white police officer fatally shooting Laquan McDonald, a black teenager. The officer was charged with murder Tuesday. ›
- At least 19 people in seven U.S. states have been infected with E. coli in an outbreak officials believe is linked to rotisserie chicken salads sold at Costco. ›
- Adele broke the single-week U.S. album sales record set by NSYNC in 2000. "25" sold at least 2.43 million in about three days. ›