1. Jay Z was a drug dealer.
He was a crack dealer, and admits that it helped him become business savvy.
He explained: “I know about budgets. I was a drug dealer. To be in a drug deal, you need to know what you can spend, what you need to re-up.”
2. Victoria Beckham played a sperm on roller skates for a BBC sex education show.
The show was called Body Matters.
3. Patrick Dempsey was a champion juggler.
He came second in the International Jugglers Competition and the Junior Division in 1982 and 1983.
4. Channing Tatum was a stripper. Natch.
Yep, he didn’t just play one in Magic Mike. He was one.
He did it for eight whole months when he was 19.
5. Whoopi Goldberg was a morgue beautician.
Prior to that, she was a bricklayer.
7. Jackman also worked as a party clown, charging $50 per show.
9. Michelle Keegan worked as a check-in agent at Manchester Airport.
10. Kanye West worked as a sales assistant at Gap.
We’d imagine he gave service with a smile.
12. Rachel McAdams worked at McDonald’s for three years.
She said she ‘wasn’t a very good employee’ and broke the orange juice machine.
14. Jennifer Aniston lasted just two weeks in telemarketing.
15. Helen Mirren worked as a promoter for an amusement park in Southend on Sea.
16. Jon Hamm worked as a set-dresser for porn films.
Although he’s been quick to point out that the porn was strictly ‘soft-core’ and he basically ‘moved furniture around naked people’.
18. Jon Bon Jovi worked as a Christmas decoration maker.
Yes, that’s a thing.
24. Despite being a Scientologist these days, Tom Cruise attended a Franciscan seminary and had aspirations of becoming a priest.
26. Gerard Butler got a law degree from Glasgow University, but was fired from his first job and hasn’t practiced law since.
29. Eva Mendes sold hot dogs on sticks in a shopping mall.
31. Sheryl Crow was a primary school teacher.
Oh, and she also wrote songs for Eric Clapton, Tina Turner, and Celine Dion as well as singing backing vocals for Michael Jackson on the side.
32. Ozzy Osbourne worked in a slaughterhouse.
Which is nice.
34. Mick Jagger worked as a porter in a psychiatric hospital.
He also lost his virginity there — to a nurse in a store cupboard.
35. Cheryl Cole was working as a waitress before her audition for Popstars: The Rivals.
36. Simon Cowell began his career as a post boy at EMI record label, before working his way up to the very top.
37. Nicole Kidman worked as a massage therapist.
She dropped out of school aged 17 to work and help with finances, after her mother was diagnosed with breast cancer.