1. A new Verizon FiOS commercial encourages viewers to reach out to the three happy customers featured in the ad. The Twitter handles of the “longtime FiOS users” are displayed in the commercial to help with this process:
2. Meet @RegSchneider:
4. And @lianarowe:
5. On Twitter, the plan initially went just how Verizon intended:
9. Of course, people do have a few questions for the supposedly “happy customers” featured in the Verizon ad:
17. And then there are the completely unrelated questions:
18. Or invitations:
28. In addition to a lot of people interested in one particular feature:
Ellie Hall is a reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in Washington, D.C.
Contact Ellie Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In The News Today
- Doctors Without Borders says 19 people died after a U.S. airstrike caused possible collateral damage at a hospital in Afghanistan. ›
- The Catholic Church fired high-ranking Vatican official Monsignor Krzysztof Charamsa. He came out as gay on Saturday. ›
- Hundreds of rescue workers in Guatemala dug through rubble, searching for signs of life after a mudslide killed at least 56 people. ›