1. A new Verizon FiOS commercial encourages viewers to reach out to the three happy customers featured in the ad. The Twitter handles of the “longtime FiOS users” are displayed in the commercial to help with this process:
2. Meet @RegSchneider:
4. And @lianarowe:
5. On Twitter, the plan initially went just how Verizon intended:
9. Of course, people do have a few questions for the supposedly “happy customers” featured in the Verizon ad:
17. And then there are the completely unrelated questions:
18. Or invitations:
28. In addition to a lot of people interested in one particular feature:
Ellie Hall is a reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in Washington, D.C.
Contact Ellie Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here Are The Top Stories
- Greece voted "no" on sweeping new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. Its future in the eurozone is uncertain, and its creditors are unimpressed.
- The U.S. faces Japan in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup. The Americans scored 4 goals in the first 15 minutes of the game ⚽️
- Captured New York prison escapee David Sweat has been released from hospital and is back in jail.