1. One of the Vatican’s primary Twitter accounts tweeted a story about Batman Thursday night, prompting confusion and concerns that the account had been hacked.
Holy switcheroo! Batman has grown bitter, more vengeful with the years http://t.co/bvDSGhqUV5— VaticanCommunication
2. The story was also posted on the website of the Vatican Communications Office.
3. A Vatican spokesman told The Associated Press that the story was accidentally posted by a non-native English speaker within the Communications Office.
Cardinal Timothy Dolan delivers remarks at the Catholic University of America. This is actually the best photo of any Cardinal that has ever existed.
- Police confirmed 71 people, likely refugees who fled Syria, were found dead in a truck abandoned in Austria. The suspected drivers have been arrested. ›
- Florida Gov. Rick Scott declared a state of emergency due to the "severe threat" posed to his state by Tropical Storm Erika. ›
- President Obama marked a decade of recovery after Hurricane Katrina, citing gains, but also the immense amount of work that he said still needs to be done. ›