1. This is the Konami Code, a famous video game cheat code that has become well-known in pop culture.
The Konami Code is a video game cheat code that famously would give a player an additional 30 lives if entered in the 1988 Nintendo Entertainment System video game “Contra.”
Since the advent of the internet, website programmers have sometimes included “Easter eggs” (bonus content) that can only be unlocked by entering the Konami code on the site’s homepage.
3. This is what happens if you go to the the British Vogue homepage right now, click anywhere on the page, and enter the Konami Code.
6. This is what happens when you enter the Konami Code on the GQ UK website:
7. Raptors appear when you enter the code on Wired’s UK homepage.
10. Go try it out for yourself!
Remember: ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A:
11. UPDATE - 1:45 p.m.: Easy Living magazine’s reply to BuzzFeed’s raptor-related inquiry indicates that the magazine editorial staff may not have been aware of the amazing Easter egg.
@ellievhall Our official comment? We love our coding team even more! Thanks for passing on!
- Owen Labrie was found not guilty of felony sexual assault charges stemming from a 15-year-old former student's accusations that he raped her at St. Paul's School. ›
- Former U.S. President George W. Bush delivered a speech honoring New Orleans' teachers during a visit marking the anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. ›
- Police confirmed 71 people, likely refugees who fled Syria, were found dead in a truck abandoned in Austria. ›