1. Joey Spiotto designed the one-of-a-kind cover, which he’s raffling off to raise money for Child’s Play.
You can buy tickets to win the album art here before August 17th — they’re $5.00 apiece and all the proceeds go to Child’s Play, a charity that donates games and toys to hospitals and domestic violence shelters worldwide.
And, of course, the record used in the artwork is the album “Hooked on a Feeling” by Blue Swede.
3. You can check out Spiotto’s other pop-culture inspired album covers on his website.
- President Obama apologized to Doctors Without Borders for the airstrike that killed 22 people at a clinic in Afghanistan. ›
- The U.S. Coast Guard said it will suspend the search for the crew of El Faro, the cargo ship that went missing in the Caribbean during Hurricane Joaquin last week. ›
- Tomas Lindahl, Paul Modrich, and Aziz Sancar won the Nobel Prize in chemistry for figuring out how cells repair DNA. ›