1. 10News in San Diego obtained this amazing footage of senior management at the San Onofre nuclear power plant spoofing Star Trek during a “training video.”
2. The video, titled “SONGS Trek,” was shot three years ago inside the San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station (SONGS) training simulator.
“SONGS Trek” featured the former and current station managers of the plant as Captain Kirk and the ship’s Commander.
3. When asked for comment, a spokesperson for the plant’s parent company, Southern California Edison, said “SONGS Trek” was shot in 2010 on an $800 budget for an employee recognition event.
4. The Nuclear Regulatory Commission reviewed the video and concluded that its production did not pose a safety hazard.
- All charges have been dismissed against a popular protest organizer in Chicago. He was arrested Tuesday during protests over a video showing the police shooting of a black teen. ›
- Frank Gifford's family says the NFL star had CTE, the degenerative brain disease linked to football. He died in August. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›