1. 10News in San Diego obtained this amazing footage of senior management at the San Onofre nuclear power plant spoofing Star Trek during a “training video.”
2. The video, titled “SONGS Trek,” was shot three years ago inside the San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station (SONGS) training simulator.
“SONGS Trek” featured the former and current station managers of the plant as Captain Kirk and the ship’s Commander.
3. When asked for comment, a spokesperson for the plant’s parent company, Southern California Edison, said “SONGS Trek” was shot in 2010 on an $800 budget for an employee recognition event.
4. The Nuclear Regulatory Commission reviewed the video and concluded that its production did not pose a safety hazard.
- Chicago officials have released the video of a white police officer fatally shooting Laquan McDonald, a black teenager. The officer was charged with murder Tuesday. ›
- At least 19 people in seven U.S. states have been infected with E. coli in an outbreak officials believe is linked to rotisserie chicken salads sold at Costco. ›
- Adele broke the single-week U.S. album sales record set by NSYNC in 2000. "25" sold at least 2.43 million in about three days. ›