1. 10News in San Diego obtained this amazing footage of senior management at the San Onofre nuclear power plant spoofing Star Trek during a “training video.”
2. The video, titled “SONGS Trek,” was shot three years ago inside the San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station (SONGS) training simulator.
“SONGS Trek” featured the former and current station managers of the plant as Captain Kirk and the ship’s Commander.
3. When asked for comment, a spokesperson for the plant’s parent company, Southern California Edison, said “SONGS Trek” was shot in 2010 on an $800 budget for an employee recognition event.
4. The Nuclear Regulatory Commission reviewed the video and concluded that its production did not pose a safety hazard.
- Hundreds of people have arrived by train to Austria from Hungary on Monday, as European Union asylum rules collapsed under the escalating migration crisis. ›
- A video released on Monday shows two Texas deputies fatally shooting a man with his hands up. A witness sold the footage to a local TV station for $100. ›
- President Obama called on global leaders to address climate change during a visit to the Alaskan Arctic. He is the first U.S. President to tour the Arctic. ›