1. 10News in San Diego obtained this amazing footage of senior management at the San Onofre nuclear power plant spoofing Star Trek during a “training video.”
2. The video, titled “SONGS Trek,” was shot three years ago inside the San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station (SONGS) training simulator.
“SONGS Trek” featured the former and current station managers of the plant as Captain Kirk and the ship’s Commander.
3. When asked for comment, a spokesperson for the plant’s parent company, Southern California Edison, said “SONGS Trek” was shot in 2010 on an $800 budget for an employee recognition event.
4. The Nuclear Regulatory Commission reviewed the video and concluded that its production did not pose a safety hazard.
- U.S. presidential candidates are making their final pitches before the New Hampshire primary, the second voting contest of the nominating season 🇺🇸
- At least 9 people are dead and 150 others injured after two trains collided in Bavaria, Germany, local police say.
- The Pentagon has confirmed that North Korea successfully launched a satellite into orbit on Sunday night.