1. A man aboard a New Zealand-bound Qantas Airlines flight was asked to remove his “Princess Bride” t-shirt after other passengers reported that they found it intimidating.
Wynand Mullins wearing the shirt in question.
2. The shirt quoted one of the most famous lines from the beloved 1987 movie:
Wynand Mullins told Stuff that he received a few strange looks from other passengers while waiting to board his flight from Sydney to Auckland and was approached by a flight attendant soon after he took his seat:
“The flight attendant said to me: ‘Are you able to remove it because some of the passengers are quite intimidated by it’. I thought it was all a bit silly. The person next to me was laughing, because they knew the movie.”
Mr Mullins said he didn’t have another shirt to wear and hoped he would get to wear a pilot’s shirt - but wondered how the other passengers would then react to that.
The flight attendant left in search of another T-shirt but never returned - and didn’t make eye contact with Mr Mullins again.
- Police in Athens used pepper spray on protesters two days ahead of Greece's major bailout vote.
- A medical helicopter crashed in Colorado. The crash killed the pilot and injured two crew members.
- Serena Williams survived an upset at Wimbledon and defeated current Britain's Heather Watson. She'll play her older sister Venus in the next round of the tournament ?