1. A man aboard a New Zealand-bound Qantas Airlines flight was asked to remove his “Princess Bride” t-shirt after other passengers reported that they found it intimidating.
Wynand Mullins wearing the shirt in question.
2. The shirt quoted one of the most famous lines from the beloved 1987 movie:
Wynand Mullins told Stuff that he received a few strange looks from other passengers while waiting to board his flight from Sydney to Auckland and was approached by a flight attendant soon after he took his seat:
“The flight attendant said to me: ‘Are you able to remove it because some of the passengers are quite intimidated by it’. I thought it was all a bit silly. The person next to me was laughing, because they knew the movie.”
Mr Mullins said he didn’t have another shirt to wear and hoped he would get to wear a pilot’s shirt - but wondered how the other passengers would then react to that.
The flight attendant left in search of another T-shirt but never returned - and didn’t make eye contact with Mr Mullins again.
- More debris – believed to be part of the missing Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 – has been found washed up on the Indian Ocean island of Réunion on Sunday.
- A conservation group at Oxford University told BuzzFeed News that media reports of Jericho's death were not true and that the 11-year-old lion was "alive and well".
- A Memphis police officer was shot dead on Saturday night while conducting a routine traffic stop, according to a statement from the Memphis Police Department.