1. A man aboard a New Zealand-bound Qantas Airlines flight was asked to remove his “Princess Bride” t-shirt after other passengers reported that they found it intimidating.
Wynand Mullins wearing the shirt in question.
2. The shirt quoted one of the most famous lines from the beloved 1987 movie:
Wynand Mullins told Stuff that he received a few strange looks from other passengers while waiting to board his flight from Sydney to Auckland and was approached by a flight attendant soon after he took his seat:
“The flight attendant said to me: ‘Are you able to remove it because some of the passengers are quite intimidated by it’. I thought it was all a bit silly. The person next to me was laughing, because they knew the movie.”
Mr Mullins said he didn’t have another shirt to wear and hoped he would get to wear a pilot’s shirt - but wondered how the other passengers would then react to that.
The flight attendant left in search of another T-shirt but never returned - and didn’t make eye contact with Mr Mullins again.
- Russia won't "wage war" against Turkey after the shooting down of a Russian warplane yesterday, its foreign minister said. ›
- Brussels started reopening schools and the Metro Wednesday after a four-day security lockdown. The city remains on the highest terrorism alert. ›
- And it's been 100 years since the anniversary of Albert Einstein's general theory of relativity. ›