1. After Wednesday’s general audience in St. Peter’s Square, Pope Francis once again took the time to meet with a severely disfigured man.
2. The pope hugged the man and blessed him.
3. Pope Francis has embraced the long-standing tradition of popes to greet disabled men, women and children after general audiences.
4. Earlier this week, the pope tweeted this poignant message to his more than three million followers:
The Saints were not superhuman. They were people who loved God in their hearts, and who shared this joy with others.
- At least 86 people were killed in twin bomb blasts during a peace rally near the main train station in Turkey's capital. ›
- Elections on Sunday are widely expected to hand Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko a fifth term since 1994. ›
- President Obama visited Oregon to meet with victims' families after last week's deadly campus shooting. Gun-rights activists protested his visit. ›