1. After Wednesday’s general audience in St. Peter’s Square, Pope Francis once again took the time to meet with a severely disfigured man.
2. The pope hugged the man and blessed him.
3. Pope Francis has embraced the long-standing tradition of popes to greet disabled men, women and children after general audiences.
4. Earlier this week, the pope tweeted this poignant message to his more than three million followers:
The Saints were not superhuman. They were people who loved God in their hearts, and who shared this joy with others.
- Police in Athens used pepper spray on protesters two days ahead of Greece's major bailout vote.
- A medical helicopter crashed in Colorado. The crash killed the pilot and injured two crew members.
- Serena Williams survived an upset at Wimbledon and defeated current Britain's Heather Watson. She'll play her older sister Venus in the next round of the tournament ?