1. After Wednesday’s general audience in St. Peter’s Square, Pope Francis once again took the time to meet with a severely disfigured man.
2. The pope hugged the man and blessed him.
3. Pope Francis has embraced the long-standing tradition of popes to greet disabled men, women and children after general audiences.
4. Earlier this week, the pope tweeted this poignant message to his more than three million followers:
The Saints were not superhuman. They were people who loved God in their hearts, and who shared this joy with others.
- After almost a week, Brussels lowered its terror threat level to 3, the nation's second-highest. One of the suspected Paris attackers remains at large. ›
- Turkey's military released an audio recording of what it says were warnings to the Russian warplane before it was downed near Syria's border. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›