1. Meet Stanley Colorite, 41, proud owner of one of the world’s largest Barbie Doll collections. He owns more than 2,000 Barbie dolls and his partner, Dennis Scholicker, owns 1,000 versions of Barbie’s boyfriend Ken.
2. The dolls occupy four rooms of the couple’s Hudson, Florida home… for now.
3. He spends about $30,000 a year on expanding his collection, tracking down rare dolls (like this 1994 “Evening Extravaganza Barbie”) on the Internet or at Barbie collector conventions.
5. Colorite started collecting Barbies in 1997. “I remember seeing her and thinking she was beautiful. I bought her straight away and it’s just gone from there.”
6. “Barbie isn’t just a toy for children, she’s for adult collectors too,” Colorite says. “I can’t stop collecting - it’s like a drug habit, I just can’t quit.”
7. Colorite poses with some of his most valuable dolls, including the “Billions of Dreams” Barbie ($350) and the “Pink Splendor” Barbie ($900).
8. This 3-foot tall “My Size Rapunzel” Barbie is easily the largest doll in his collection.
9. Colorite keeps his vintage Malibu Barbie Dream House ($200) in one of the house’s bathrooms.
11. Colorite holds the limited-edition “Haunted Beauty Ghost Barbie,” currently valued at $400.
13. His vintage Wonder Woman Barbie collection is worth nearly $1,000.
14. “The Barbies take up four rooms of the house but I won’t stop collecting until I run out of rooms,” Colorite says. “I don’t need a mansion for my museum. My house is my mansion, it’s my own Barbie Dream House.”
Ellie Hall is a reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in Washington, D.C.
Contact Ellie Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here Are The Top Stories
- Tunisia's president declared a state of emergency a week after a deadly terror attack on a beach hotel.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️