DETROIT (AP) — At least one person has been killed in a major Detroit freeway crash that involved at least two dozen vehicles including tractor-trailers.
Michigan State Police Lt. Michael Shaw tells WWJ-AM that one person died in the Thursday morning crash on a mile-long stretch of Interstate 75 on the southwest side of the city. He says an undetermined number of people have been injured.
Several fire engines and ambulances have responded to the scene.
Michigan Department of Transportation spokesman Rob Morosi says one tractor-trailer lost its load. The freeway has been closed.
3. A view of the traffic backup on I-75 southbound in Detroit:
4. UPDATE: Fox Detroit reports that 3 people have been killed in the accident, including 2 children. Detroit Local 4 News reports that 2 have been killed and 20 have been injured.
CORRECTION: An earlier version of this article incorrectly used photos from an accident that occurred on January 24th.
- Tunisia's president declared a state of emergency a week after a deadly terror attack on a beach hotel.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️