DETROIT (AP) — At least one person has been killed in a major Detroit freeway crash that involved at least two dozen vehicles including tractor-trailers.
Michigan State Police Lt. Michael Shaw tells WWJ-AM that one person died in the Thursday morning crash on a mile-long stretch of Interstate 75 on the southwest side of the city. He says an undetermined number of people have been injured.
Several fire engines and ambulances have responded to the scene.
Michigan Department of Transportation spokesman Rob Morosi says one tractor-trailer lost its load. The freeway has been closed.
3. A view of the traffic backup on I-75 southbound in Detroit:
4. UPDATE: Fox Detroit reports that 3 people have been killed in the accident, including 2 children. Detroit Local 4 News reports that 2 have been killed and 20 have been injured.
CORRECTION: An earlier version of this article incorrectly used photos from an accident that occurred on January 24th.
- Israeli officials have authorized police to seal off parts of Jerusalem after a wave of stabbings by Palestinians. ›
- The U.S. Democratic presidential candidates had their first debate of the 2016 election cycle on Tuesday night ?? ›
- The Chicago Cubs have defeated the St. Louis Cardinals to advance to the National League Championship Series ⚾️ ›