1. First, there’s an amazing video from the near-future.
Founded in 1967, this Trask Industries seemingly innocuous ad is set in the year 2017.
2. And we get a much better look at Peter Dinklage as Bolivar Trask.
Founder of Trask Industries.
3. He just wants to help humanity, guys!
This is not a systemic genocide of mutants. Because that would be wrong.
4. Just look at these completely not fear-mongering charts!
Each one clearly tracks the growth of “the mutant threat.”
5. But all is not what it seems!
Trask Industries is the power behind the terrifying Sentinels.
6. You know, these guys.
Quick and dirty - These guys stand 18’ tall and weigh in at almost 5,000 lbs. Equipped with Mutant Detections Devices (MDD) to identify the X-Gene in humans merely through brain waves. Once identities, Sentinels capture victims to be fitted with an X-Gene Inhibitor Collar, whether they like it or not.
In 1973, Trask Industries introduced the first Sentinel production model, the Mark I. Bolivar Trask’s groundbreaking research in AI, robotics and autonomous ballistic systems laid the foundation for the world’s most capable anti-mutant defense system. Since the program’s inception, we’ve continued to advance our founder’s cause through eight additional generational upgrades and enhancements.
As we celebrate five decades of achievement, we also bid farewell to regular production of the Mark I and shift our efforts to full-time manufacturing of the Mark X — our first complete overhaul of the Sentinel line. These highly anticipated units will combine next-generation nanotechnology and bioweapon breakthroughs, promising an even brighter future for the human race.
8. Totally legit peace-keepers.
And not tools of oppression.
9. Absolutely nothing could wrong here.
It certainly won’t trigger a dystopian society where the ruling class controls humans and mutants alike through fear and coercion.
- A conservation group in Zimbabwe reported that Jericho, the brother of beloved lion Cecil, was shot and killed by a hunter. But some scientists monitoring the pride believe he is OK.
- Joe Biden has begun to "actively explore a possible presidential campaign," the New York Times reports.
- The trooper who pulled over Sandra Bland was disciplined for "unprofessional conduct" in the fall of 2014, records show.