1. Drummers in military corps traditionally wear some form of “leopard skin” over their uniforms. This custom dates back to the Roman legions and is primarily practiced in the United Kingdom nowadays.
2. These facts and explanations do not make this poncho any less amazing:
In The News Today
- The Dutch Safety Board has released a final report of its investigation into why Malaysian Airlines Flight MH17 broke up over Ukraine in 2014. ›
- Condé Nast has acquired Pitchfork, the independent music website and magazine, for an undisclosed amount. ›
- Marlon James has won the Man Booker Prize for his Bob Marley-inspired "A Brief History of Seven Killings." It's the first win for a Jamaican ? ›