1. “Charles Ross is known to go around Manatee county and create situations in order to harass and annoy people while filming it and then putting it on you tube [sic].”
2. “Tonight, Ross was at Royal Palm theater with his friend Jordan Owens, Ross began grabbing people by their pants and pulling them up causing discomfort. Specifically, Ross grabbed the victim, by the back of his pants and pulled them up hard.”
3. “Ross then challenged the victim asking if he wanted to hit him.”
4. “All the while Owens was filming the crime with a camera.”
5. “The victim stated this battery was unwanted and filled out an affidavit.”
6. “Several other victims came forward but were too embarrassed to pursue charges.”
7. “I took possession of the camera as evidence. The manager of the movie theater, Mr. Douchkoff, also trespassed both Ross and Owens in my presence and both subjects stated they understood they would be arrested should they return to the theater.”
8. UPDATE: Charles Ross was charged with battery and released on a $750 bond. A court date has been for February.
Ellie Hall is a reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in Washington, D.C.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Officials released new footage proving Sandra Bland was "alive and well" when her mugshot was taken to counter social media rumors that she was deceased in the photo.
- The U.S. will release Israeli spy Jonathan Pollard after 30 years. The move isn't tied to the Iran nuclear deal, American officials say.
- The NFL has upheld Tom Brady's four-game suspension for his alleged involvement with the deflation of footballs 🏈