1. France’s first same-sex couple married today in the southern town of Montpellier.
#PHOTO: Vincent Autin (L) and Bruno Boileau kiss at France’s first official gay marriage, by @ggjulien
2. Watch Bruno Boileau and Vincent Autin wed.
6. Socialist President Francois Hollande, who promised the legalization of gay marriage and adoption during his campaign, signed same-sex marriage bill into law on May 18.
This framed portrait of Francois Hollande at France’s first ever gay marriage ceremony
7. The decision has caused deep division in the (predominately Catholic) French society.
PHOTO: Man trying to stop France’s first gay marriage ceremony apprehended by police
8. France is the 14th country to legalize same-sex marriage.
- The CIA has officially—but very quietly—admitted that some allegations about its torture program were true.
- The U.S. government is suing Ferguson, Missouri, after the city tried to change a negotiated police reform settlement.
- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie has dropped out of the 2016 Republican presidential race after poor results in New Hampshire 🇺🇸