1. The first teaser trailers have dropped for The Imitation Game, starring Benedict Cumberbatch and Keira Knightley.
2. Cumberbatch plays Alan Turing, the heroic, mathematician — and gay man — credited with breaking the German Enigma Code during World War II.
3. Turing’s work at Bletchley Park — completed while he was in his twenties — helped bring the war to an early end.
4. Tragically, after the war, Turing was convicted of “gross indecency” after he admitted to sleeping with another man.
5. He chose to be chemically castrated in lieu of going to jail and committed suicide using cyanide two years later.
6. Keira Knightley plays cryptanalyst Joan Clarke, who was part of Turing’s team and became his close friend.
7. Watch the U.K. teaser trailer here:
- After almost a week, Brussels lowered its terror threat level to 3, the nation's second-highest. One of the suspected Paris attackers remains at large. ›
- Russia's athletic federation has accepted its suspension after report found evidence of "widespread doping." ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›