1. A bystander’s video of the cheese inferno:
A truckload containing 59,000 pounds of burning goat cheese has blocked off a Norwegian tunnel for the past six days. The cheese in question, a brown caramelized goat cheese known as Brunost, caught fire as it was being transported through the Brattli Tunnel in Tysfjord, northern Norway, last week. The fire was extinguished Monday, but officials warn that the toxic gases emitted by the burning cheese may keep the tunnel closed for the next week. No injuries have been reported.
“I didn’t know that brown cheese burns so well,” Kjell Bjoern Vinje of the Norwegian Public Roads Administration told Reuters.
He confirmed that this was the first time cheese had caught fire on Norwegian roads in his fifteen years of experience.
3. Brunost is a caramelized goat cheese made from whey. Its flammability is due to its high concentration of fat and sugar.
- Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders clashed on immigration, Obama, and Kissinger (!) in Thursday's Democratic debate. Here's a recap 🇺🇸
- World leaders have agreed to a "cessation of hostilities" in Syria, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said.
- NYPD Officer Peter Liang was found guilty of manslaughter in the 2014 shooting of Akai Gurley, an unarmed black man.