1. Hawaiian surfer Garrett McNamara set the world record for biggest wave ever ridden back in November 2011, when he tamed a 78-foot monster. McNamara reportedly broke his own record by riding this 100-foot wave on Monday in Nazaré, Portugal:
2. This (incomplete) video of McNamara’s ride illustrates just how high the waves were in Nazaré on Monday:
3. For reference, this is a picture of McNamara surfing the 78-foot wave that currently holds the world record:
4. Garrett McNamara, 47, Guinness world record holder, insane person:
- The CIA has officially — but very quietly — admitted that some allegations about its torture program were true.
- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and former Hewlett Packard CEO Carly Fiorina are the latest Republicans to drop out of the 2016 presidential race 🇺🇸
- The reboot of popular car show *Top Gear* will have seven presenters, but only one woman 🚗💁