1. Hawaiian surfer Garrett McNamara set the world record for biggest wave ever ridden back in November 2011, when he tamed a 78-foot monster. McNamara reportedly broke his own record by riding this 100-foot wave on Monday in Nazaré, Portugal:
2. This (incomplete) video of McNamara’s ride illustrates just how high the waves were in Nazaré on Monday:
3. For reference, this is a picture of McNamara surfing the 78-foot wave that currently holds the world record:
4. Garrett McNamara, 47, Guinness world record holder, insane person:
- Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump have won the New Hampshire primaries for the Democratic and Republican nominations 🇺🇸
- The Supreme Court put on hold President Obama's climate change plan, which aims to curb carbon dioxide emissions from power plants.
- And thank the Force: Disney's profits hit an all-time high of $2.9 billion after the latest *Star Wars* film release ✨💰