Benedict Cumberbatch took over the official Hobbit Movie Twitter account Tuesday to answer questions about his roles as Smaug the dragon and the Necromancer in The Desolation of Smaug. #AskSmaug was soon trending on Twitter.
1. He may be a little bit power-hungry.
2. He’s a huge fan of his Sherlock and Hobbit costar Martin Freeman.
3. He’s very happy in his own scaly skin.
4. His parents read aloud to him as a child.
5. He enjoys the ongoing series of CumberCupcakes and has a somewhat naughty sense of humor.
6. 140 characters are not nearly enough to express the love that he has for his fans.
7. He will one day cause Twitter to self-destruct.
8. He’d rather meet members of his family than famous people.
9. He’s definitely not a vegetarian.
10. He’s probably going to be a pretty scary dragon.
11. He and Martin Freeman are equally sassy bastards.
(For reference, this is a thing that happened at the movie’s premiere in Los Angeles last night.)
12. He thinks Smaug would have quite a flamboyant taste in music.
13. He will one day become a wonderful director.
14. He’s identified with dragons from a young age.
15. He places more importance on experiences than material possessions.
16. He has a sense of humor about being pranked by Simon Pegg on the set of Star Trek: Into Darkness.
17. He is constantly trying to make himself more perfect than he already is.
18. He has a thorough understanding of aerodynamic propulsion.
19. He may or may not have temporarily forgotten what movie he was promoting.