1. “Wait, so if you can hear me then you’re not actually deaf.”
Deaf, hard of hearing… WHATEVER.
2. When people silently mouth things to you.
You’re so clever and funny.
3. “Can I try your hearing aids on?”
5. “What’s it like being death?”
Deaf people aren’t the only ones who need you to enunciate.
6. When somebody suggests that we play the telephone game…
7. “If you can’t hear, why don’t you know sign language?”
I do. See?
8. The majority of my conversations:
11. When people complain about the movie subtitles being turned on…
12. Trying to have a simple conversation with people…
13. When people grow impatient repeating themselves.
14. What I tell myself when I’m missing a seemingly interesting conversation…
- Protesters marched in Chicago for the second night in a row after the release of a video showing the police shooting of black teen Laquan McDonald. ›
- Frank Gifford's family says the NFL star had CTE, the degenerative brain disease linked to football. He died in August. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›