1. “Wait, so if you can hear me then you’re not actually deaf.”
Deaf, hard of hearing… WHATEVER.
2. When people silently mouth things to you.
You’re so clever and funny.
5. “What’s it like being death?”
Deaf people aren’t the only ones who need you to enunciate.
6. When somebody suggests that we play the telephone game…
7. “If you can’t hear, why don’t you know sign language?”
I do. See?
11. When people complain about the movie subtitles being turned on…
12. Trying to have a simple conversation with people…
13. When people grow impatient repeating themselves.
14. What I tell myself when I’m missing a seemingly interesting conversation…
- The top U.S. commander in Afghanistan called the hospital bombing that killed 22 people "a mistake." ›
- Takaaki Kajita and Arthur McDonald won the Nobel Prize in physics for their discovery that neutrinos have mass. ›
- In a Vanity Fair interview, Rihanna said Rachel Dolezal, who identifies as black even as her parents insist she was born white, "was a bit of a hero." ›