1. “Wait, so if you can hear me then you’re not actually deaf.”
Deaf, hard of hearing… WHATEVER.
2. When people silently mouth things to you.
You’re so clever and funny.
5. “What’s it like being death?”
Deaf people aren’t the only ones who need you to enunciate.
6. When somebody suggests that we play the telephone game…
7. “If you can’t hear, why don’t you know sign language?”
I do. See?
11. When people complain about the movie subtitles being turned on…
12. Trying to have a simple conversation with people…
13. When people grow impatient repeating themselves.
14. What I tell myself when I’m missing a seemingly interesting conversation…
- A judge ruled that Baltimore State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby will not have to recuse herself from the trial in the death of Freddie Gray. ›
- Senate Democrats have secured enough votes to uphold the Iran nuclear deal when Congress votes on it later this month. ›
- Hundreds of Eurostar passengers moving between Britain and France were stranded for hours as people were seen on the tracks attempting to get through the tunnel. ›