1. “Wait, so if you can hear me then you’re not actually deaf.”
Deaf, hard of hearing… WHATEVER.
2. When people silently mouth things to you.
You’re so clever and funny.
5. “What’s it like being death?”
Deaf people aren’t the only ones who need you to enunciate.
6. When somebody suggests that we play the telephone game…
7. “If you can’t hear, why don’t you know sign language?”
I do. See?
11. When people complain about the movie subtitles being turned on…
12. Trying to have a simple conversation with people…
13. When people grow impatient repeating themselves.
14. What I tell myself when I’m missing a seemingly interesting conversation…
- Greece voted "no" on sweeping new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. Its future in the eurozone is uncertain, and its creditors are unimpressed.
- The U.S. defeated Japan 5-2 in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup. It was the highest scoring final in the history of the tournament ⚽️
- Captured New York prison escapee David Sweat has been released from hospital and is back in jail.