2. You’re trying to convince yourself playing “small ball” is the smart move.
3. You recognize as many names on the spring training roster as you would on the German chess team.
6. Management says they’re building for the future and ask for patience.
8. Your minor-league prospects excite you more than anyone on your major league roster.
9. Your team’s payroll is just barely more than this guy’s salary.
11. Your team’s offseason felt like an episode of “Pawn Stars.”
12. Your cleanup hitter’s OPS would be considered a good credit score.
13. Your highest-paid outfielder hasn’t been on the team since 1999.
In The News Today
- At least one member of Ukraine's National Guard has died and about 90 people were injured after protesters clashed with police outside of Parliament in Ukraine. ›
- Lawyers for the NFL and New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady failed to reach a settlement in the deflategate case. A decision is expected by Friday. ›
- Thai police have issued two new arrest warrants as the search widens for the suspects behind Bangkok's deadly shrine bombing. ›