2. You’re trying to convince yourself playing “small ball” is the smart move.
3. You recognize as many names on the spring training roster as you would on the German chess team.
6. Management says they’re building for the future and ask for patience.
8. Your minor-league prospects excite you more than anyone on your major league roster.
9. Your team’s payroll is just barely more than this guy’s salary.
11. Your team’s offseason felt like an episode of “Pawn Stars.”
12. Your cleanup hitter’s OPS would be considered a good credit score.
13. Your highest-paid outfielder hasn’t been on the team since 1999.
In The News Today
- The Dutch Safety Board has released a final report of its investigation into why Malaysian Airlines Flight MH17 broke up over Ukraine in 2014. ›
- Condé Nast has acquired Pitchfork, the independent music website and magazine, for an undisclosed amount. ›
- Iran's parliament approved a deal on its nuclear program, which was agreed to in July following lengthy talks between six world powers. ›