2. You’re trying to convince yourself playing “small ball” is the smart move.
3. You recognize as many names on the spring training roster as you would on the German chess team.
6. Management says they’re building for the future and ask for patience.
8. Your minor-league prospects excite you more than anyone on your major league roster.
9. Your team’s payroll is just barely more than this guy’s salary.
11. Your team’s offseason felt like an episode of “Pawn Stars.”
12. Your cleanup hitter’s OPS would be considered a good credit score.
13. Your highest-paid outfielder hasn’t been on the team since 1999.
Here Are The Top Stories
- President Obama addressed the 54-member African Union, a first for a sitting U.S. president. The speech marks the end of his historic five-day trip to East Africa.
- The Boy Scouts of America has ended its ban on gay leaders, two years after lifting a ban on gay youth members.
- Boston is no longer pursuing a bid to host the 2024 summer Olympics.
- The Arizona Cardinals have hired the NFL's first female coach.