1. Virgin Grilled Tomato Bloody Maria
Peak season tomatoes are so good, perhaps you don’t want to dilute them with things like alcohol…then again, maybe you do?? Either way, this spiced, smoky classic is easily adjusted with a splash of vodka, gin or tequilla.
2. Spicy Tomato Peach Jam
We want this summery jam on cheeseboards. We want it on turkey sandwiches. We want it mixed into salad dressing. We want it with nothing but a spoon. Summer, don’t leave us!
3. Summer Pasta alla Caprese
Dice flavorful tomatoes into a summery no-cook pasta sauce!
4. Beefsteak Tomato Salad
Perfect summer tomatoes need little for improvement, but the briny punch of capers and bite of shallot vinaigrette certainly don’t hurt.
5. Sea Bass with Cherry Tomatoes
For the easiest dinner party imaginable, serve this dish family style with plenty of crusty bread to soak up the herby, olive-oil tinged tomato juices from the bottom of the casserole.
- Thai police arrested a man alleged to have explosives in his possession, almost two weeks after a deadly bomb blast in Bangkok killed 20 people. ›
- A Harris County, Texas, sheriff's deputy was ambushed Friday night when a man walked up and repeatedly shot him from behind. ›
- Dominica Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit said that Tropical Storm Erika killed 20 people there, and set the island back 20 years from the damage. ›