1. Virgin Grilled Tomato Bloody Maria
Peak season tomatoes are so good, perhaps you don’t want to dilute them with things like alcohol…then again, maybe you do?? Either way, this spiced, smoky classic is easily adjusted with a splash of vodka, gin or tequilla.
2. Spicy Tomato Peach Jam
We want this summery jam on cheeseboards. We want it on turkey sandwiches. We want it mixed into salad dressing. We want it with nothing but a spoon. Summer, don’t leave us!
3. Summer Pasta alla Caprese
Dice flavorful tomatoes into a summery no-cook pasta sauce!
4. Beefsteak Tomato Salad
Perfect summer tomatoes need little for improvement, but the briny punch of capers and bite of shallot vinaigrette certainly don’t hurt.
5. Sea Bass with Cherry Tomatoes
For the easiest dinner party imaginable, serve this dish family style with plenty of crusty bread to soak up the herby, olive-oil tinged tomato juices from the bottom of the casserole.
- The Dutch Safety Board has released a final report of its investigation into why Malaysian Airlines Flight MH17 broke up over Ukraine in 2014. ›
- Condé Nast has acquired Pitchfork, the independent music website and magazine, for an undisclosed amount. ›
- Iran's parliament approved a deal on its nuclear program, which was agreed to in July following lengthy talks between six world powers. ›