Make a pitcher of Fany Gerson’s version this weekend, and follow it up with a light but satisfying mid-summer meal!
2. Horchata de Melón (Cantaloupe Seed Drink)
Typically made from rice or tigernuts, Fany Gerson’s refreshing horchata employs the pulpy, generally discarded centers of cantaloupe for a sensational summertime sipper.
3. Cucumber Gazpacho with Shrimp & Melon
Stay cool as a….well, you know. With a pop of meaty shrimp for garnish & sweet melon shot throughout, this is a light, refreshing soup that satisfies.
4. Roasted Corn Salsa
Put out a big bowl of corn salsa, especially when those sweet ears are in season (NOW!), and it will disappear before you know it.
5. Butter-Roasted Chicken with Cilantro & Mint
Among the herb & spice paste rubbed over this bird, the surprise here is fresh ginger. It provides a brightness perfect for summer; and is guaranteed to keep you coming back for another bite!
6. Melon Carpaccio with Lime
Make plenty of the simple syrup that dresses this salad. Infused with mint, red chile, lime and vanilla, you’ll want it for mixing into all of your summer cocktails.
- At least three people – including a police officer – died in a shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. The suspect is in police custody. ›
- At least 15 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›