1. 1. There’s a whole audience of people watching you clean your underwear
You feel the eyes of others looking at you as you toss your Victoria’s Secret thong in the washer. They’re scanning your lacy, leopard print bra. OMG YOUR PERIOD PANTIES JUST FELL ON THE FLOOR. HELP.
2. 2. Between clothes-transferring carts, people washing their clothes, and varying amounts of kids running around…there’s NEVER room to move around.
3. 3. Trying to fold a sheet is a two person job. There’s no room on the folding table to try to do it yourself so you drag it on the floor by accident. You fold and re-fold but the sheet is NEVER even
4. 4. You defeatedly throw a crumpled, awful fitted sheet into your laundry basket as THE WOMAN NEXT TO YOU FOLDS IT PERFECTLY. TEACH ME, MASTER.
5. 5. During the summer they turn on big fans to cool the place down. You fold a pillowcase and 30 seconds later it blows away
6. 6. If you leave and get back A MINUTE late someone throws your shit on the counter. CAN’T. WITH. THESE. PEOPLE.
7. 7. If you accidentally leave an article of clothing in the washer or dryer, count on it to be gone FOREVER. Lost and found is non-existent here.
8. 8. Sticking your hands into the giant dryer while it’s a hot summer day = SWEATPOCALYPSE
9. 9. That ONE piece of clothing that comes out of the dryer damp despite the rest of the clothing being bone dry. You waste quarters trying to get it dry. It remains damp and you cry on the inside.
10. 10. Sometimes the quarters don’t go through so you have to press that button on the machine which gives it back to you over and over again. You’ve convinced yourself that state quarters don’t fit the right way.
11. 11. It’s raining outside. You just dried your clothes. The one thing getting you through this walk to your car is the knowledge that the nightmare is almost over.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Russia won't "wage war" against Turkey after the shooting down of a Russian warplane yesterday, its foreign minister said. ›
- Brussels started reopening schools and the Metro Wednesday after a four-day security lockdown. The city remains on the highest terrorism alert. ›
- Pope Francis has arrived in Kenya. It's his first visit to Africa as pontiff. ›