1. People start mentioning ‘graduands’.
(Graduand: a student about to graduate.)
C’mon folks, there’s just no need.
2. It’s getting difficult to control your excitement… you’re about to get LETTERS AFTER YOUR NAME.
Look, ma, the alphabet loves me.
3. You feel vindicated against those who dared doubt your magnificence.
4. You’ve probably had to move home. Which is going… great.
Here lies your motivation to be a productive human being.
5. Heading out in your home town? Yeah, you’re really missing uni now.
The locals? *shudder*
6. You’ve had plenty of time to rediscover your old hobbies.
…but mostly sit flicking between Facebook, Buzzfeed and Twitter.
7. But you’re wondering if graduating means you’re finally ‘grown up’.
Hope not. Peter Pan would be so disappointed.
8. Everyone is talking about jobs, rent, finally becoming a functioning member of society…
Is there an emergency service for this?
11. …pinpoint the skills you’ve acquired over the years…
So many skills, so few which make you employable.
12. …and finally realise getting that dream career is going to be tougher than you’d like.
13. Nevertheless, armed with a fresh CV and cover letter, you hit ‘apply’ - only to be greeted by an online application form.
‘Please list all qualifications and previous work experience…’
THEY’RE. ON. MY. CV.
14. Then it hits you. This is your life now. Application, rejection, application, rejection, application…
- More debris – believed to be part of the missing aircraft MH370 – has been found washed up on the Indian Ocean island of Réunion on Sunday.
- Cilla Black, the legendary English singer and TV star, has died at her home in Spain, according to local police. She was 72-years-old.
- A conservation group at Oxford University told BuzzFeed News that media reports of Jericho's death were not true and that the 11-year-old lion was "alive and well".