1. The Moon Landing, 1969
2. The First Video Game Invented, 1971
3. Ice Cream Invented, 600 AD
The Chinese created the first ice cream-like food around 600 AD - it contained ice, buffalo milk, flour and camphor. Nice work!
4. Cavemen Build The First Fire, 400,000 BC
Archeologists believe Homo Erectus built the first controlled fires roughly 400,000 years ago.
5. First Airplane Flight, 1903
Orville and Wilbur Wright piloted the world’s first airplane on December 17, 1903. Great job, guys!
6. Ferdinand Magellan Sails Around The Globe, 1522
The Portuguese explorer’s voyage took three years, from 1519 to 1522.
7. Egyptian Pyramids Completed, 2,500 BC
Archeologists believe the Giza Pyramids were built in a span of 85 years between 2589 and 2504 BC. Congratulations on a job well done!
8. Summer Break Becomes Law, 1840’s
American students used to have one long school schedule that ran year-round. In the mid-1840s, school reformers pushed to give students a break to avoid overstimulation and let rural students help on the farm. Thanks!
9. Kobayashi Sets The Hot Dog Eating Record, 2001
The diminutive Takeru Kobayashi set the record in 2001 when he ate 50 hot dogs in 12 minutes.
10. Jonas Salk Develops The Polio Vaccine, 1955
The first polio vaccine was released to the public on April 12, 1955.