1. The very first ice cream-like food was created in China in 618-97AD - it contained ice, buffalo milk, flour and camphor.
2. The first ice cream parlor opened in 1776 in New York City.
3. George Washington and Thomas Jefferson were said to be big fans of ice cream, serving it to their guests often for dessert.
4. The ice cream cone was first introduced at the 1904 World’s Fair in St. Louis.
5. The automatic waffle cone roller was invented in 1909.
6. The average American eats 20 quarts of ice cream a year.
Everett Collection / Via realsimple.com
7. The world’s biggest ice cream cone was assembled in 2012 - it was 13 feet tall, about as tall as one standard building story.
8. An ice cream cone breakfast cereal came out in 1987 - it was pulled from shelves after just one year.
9. The ice cream drumstick earned its name after the inventor’s wife observed that it looked a little like a fried chicken leg.