1. In World Cup Qualifying action Mexico lost to Costa Rica 2-1. Mexico had been a surprising long-shot to qualify to compete in Brazil next year.
2. Meanwhile, the United States team, which had qualified previously, was able to defeat Panama 3-2 after late goals from Graham Zusi and Aron Johansson
This eliminated Panama from qualification, but kept Mexico’s dreams alive.
3. The Mexicans will have to face New Zealand in a playoff to punch their tickets to Brazil
4. Mexico is the biggest rival of the United States. The Americans, who had only pride to play for, helped keep them alive.
- President Barack Obama will unveil on Monday a plan that is considered to be "the strongest action ever taken" in the U.S. to combat climate change.
- Undocumented immigrants living in Britain will face abrupt eviction from rental properties under new laws designed to reduce the UK's appeal as a migrant destination.
- California Gov. Jerry Brown called for a state of emergency as wildfires burned thousands of acres by Sunday and forced hundreds of evacuations.