1. Meet Elvis
Elvis is a two-year-old beagle who lives in Kansas City. He is also the world’s foremost polar bear pregnancy test.
2. When a zoo thinks its female polar bear is pregnant, the zoo keepers wait for the polar bear to poop
They probably don’t have to wait long…
3. They collect the poop and then send it to Elvis
Hopefully it doesn’t come back with Return to Sender written upon it.
4. Elvis gets on this box and sniffs around until he finds pregnant poop
He then stops, barks and gets a treat.
5. If Elvis finds what he’s looking for, 8 months later we have a new friend to visit at the zoo!
Hi there little buddy!
- About 6,500 refugees have reached Austria. Austria and Germany said on Friday that stranded refugees in Hungary could cross their borders. ›
- Rowan County, Kentucky, issued several marriage licenses, but their validity is being questioned because jailed clerk Kim Davis's name isn't on them. ›
- U.S. Vice President Joe Biden said he isn't sure he has the "emotional energy" to run for president. ›