1. Pajamas in the airport? Not a problem when you are a kid!
No judgement for anyone under the age of 10!
4. Even short trips to destinations nearby seemed like the best thing that ever happened
I’ve never been across the river… This is going to be fantastic.
5. Your luggage was fabulous
Totally useless, but it didn’t matter… you were traveling!
6. Speaking of which, somebody is always there to carry that luggage
Thanks, Mom and Dad!
7. Going to the airport was fun and entertaining
Moving walkways! Escalators! Trams! Planes!
What is this wonderland?
8. You could eat at the Hard Rock Cafe and not feel like you were corrupting your love of music
I don’t care that this is France, I want to see a shirt that Elvis wore a few times and eat some nachos.
10. Maybe you got to visit your grandparents
11. There was always plenty of legroom
13. You could do the most touristy things and not feel self-conscious about it
14. Camping seemed like the fun option, not the budget option
15. Whatever the destination was, you were so excited
But you were especially excited if it was the happiest place on Earth
16. Screaming babies are not a problem for you!
You are the screaming baby!
17. But… if you were good, the friendly Pilot would give you wings
And occasionally show off the cockpit.
18. The window seat was a gift from above!
“This is your captain speaking… to our left and right are miles and miles of awesome!”
19. You could visit an art museum
And acting mature was only an option…
20. Walking into a hotel was like walking into your dreams
21. You are never traveling for business
Purpose of your trip? PLEASURE!!
22. There was always a Junior Park Ranger badge waiting for you.
23. There were all kinds of license plates for you to discover
What’s with all these Alberta plates? Oh yeah! I’m in Alberta!!
24. Roadside attractions were not optional stops
They were required stops. Where else are you going to see a museum of vacuum cleaners but here?
26. Security seemed fun
If I could just please leave my shoes on… Maybe?
27. When you finally got home, you got to brag to all your friends
BEST TRIP EVER
h/t to Greg Ray for a lot of these.