1. They look kind of like flying penguins
They may not be closely related to penguins, but they can both fly and swim. This is a significant improvement.
2. Puffins feed almost entirely on fish
An adult puffin will eat as much as 40 fish per day. Take that Joey Chestnut!
3. Puffins live in colonies
With most birds, you only see one or two at a time, but not puffins!
5. They inspired this great ‘No Smoking’ pun
We’ll keep the actual puffin though, because they are the best bird ever.
6. They come in multiple species
This is a Tufted Puffin.
This is an Atlantic Puffin (also known as a Common Puffin)
7. Cute babies (obviously)
8. Their call sounds like a chainsaw
9. They know how to really strike a pose
10. They look great in black and white
11. Webbed feet!
All of the best birds have webbed feet.
12. They are really cute!
The Clowns of the Sea!