1. Bob Ewell from To Kill A Mockingbird
We’ll let Atticus Finch take care of this one…
2. Miss Havisham from Great Expectations
Girl, what are you doing out of the house? This can’t be a good sign…
3. Tom Buchanan from The Great Gatsby
Yale. Old Money. Arrogant. Sexist.
Yeahhhhh, you just drive by and we’ll pretend we don’t see each other.
4. Joffrey Baratheon from Game Of Thrones
We can see that evil sneer from three blocks away.
5. Iago from Othello
You love to hate him. It’s complicated. Best to just keep playing Candy Crush Saga on your phone and don’t look up until he’s passed…
6. Holden Caulfield from The Catcher In The Rye
“Oh hey, Holden. Sorry you’re going through a rough patch. Can’t talk right now but nice hat!”
7. Rhett Butler from Gone With The Wind
Some see you as romantic but others won’t forget your womanizing ways…
8. Major Major Major Major from Catch-22
Major Major Major Major is a major bore. We’re going to walk the other way.
9. Fred from The Handmaid’s Tale
Commander Fred, we’re going to pretend that we don’t see you across the subway platform now.
10. O’Brien from 1984
Well if you’re just going to give into big brother, we’re going to suddenly be captivated by this storefront window until we’re sure you’re gone.
11. Jack Merridew from Lord Of The Flies
YOU’RE JUST A BULLY AND EVERYONE KNOWS IT, JACK!
12. Moby Dick
To start, there’s the whole issue of seeing a whale on the street. Plus Captain Ahab is sure to be following closely and we don’t want to see him either.
13. Patrick Batemen from American Psycho
Let’s just stay uptown from now on?
14. Hannibal Lector
We all walk through our local wine stores in fear of seeing him eying the Chiantis.
15. Count Dracula from Dracula (duh)
Why don’t you just stay in Transylvania, sir.
16. Alec d’Urberville from Tess of the d’Urbervilles
Alec, stop staring and twirling your mustache! That’s it, we have to duck into this corner store to avoid this creep…
Not gonna say your name and SO not gonna say hi…
18. Emma Bovary from Madame Bovary
Though, let’s be real: she wouldn’t dare be seen on the same street as us…
20. Clare Quilty from Lolita
Aside from being a slime ball, he takes advantage of disadvantages and for that we refuse to make small talk with him in line for coffee.