1. At the Republican primary debate in New Hampshire, Mitt Romney hinted at GIFs to come.
2. Remember when Kelly Clarkson endorsed Ron Paul?
3. The Republican primary provided the Internet with lots of immature GIFs. (THANK YOU, GOD.)
7. Mark Block became a star.
8. Herman Cain’s lady friends almost made us forget about the 9-9-9 plan.
9. Newt fist-bumped Snooki.
10. Ron Paul had jazz hands.
11. Obama hugging Gabby Giffords at the State of the Union was basically demanded by everyone on Twitter.
12. Romney relaxed with some Jenga.
13. Paul Ryan’s gun show gave some liberals awkward boners.
14. Remember how excited you were for the DNC?
19. It’s where Mitt Romney fist-bumped a guy.
20. The Obama/Romney debates marked the moment when the Internet started taking election GIFs seriously.
26. Mitt Romney didn’t win this debate but he definitely got a CUTE badge.
27. Obama as Beyonce was a late surprise.
28. And finally, the First Couple shared a tender moment on the last day of the campaign.
Check out more articles on BuzzFeed.com!