1. At the Republican primary debate in New Hampshire, Mitt Romney hinted at GIFs to come.
3. The Republican primary provided the Internet with lots of immature GIFs. (THANK YOU, GOD.)
8. Herman Cain’s lady friends almost made us forget about the 9-9-9 plan.
11. Obama hugging Gabby Giffords at the State of the Union was basically demanded by everyone on Twitter.
20. The Obama/Romney debates marked the moment when the Internet started taking election GIFs seriously.
26. Mitt Romney didn’t win this debate but he definitely got a CUTE badge.
Contact Dorsey Shaw at email@example.com.
Here Are Today's Top Stories
- [Dominica Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit said that Tropical Storm Erika killed 20 people there, and set the island back 20 years from the damage. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/stephaniemcneal/at-least-5-people-are-missing-after-tropical-storm-erika-thr)
- [Police are investigating the death of Jamycheal Mitchell, 24, who was arrested months ago in Virginia for allegedly stealing about $5 worth of groceries. He was found dead in his jail cell last week. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimdalrympleii/black-man-held-for-months-for-stealing-5-worth-of-snacks-fou)
- Owen Labrie was found not guilty of felony sexual assault charges stemming from a 15-year-old former student's accusations that he raped her at St. Paul's School. ›