1. MSNBC’s Toure decided to use the OpEd section of The Cycle Friday to rail against conspiracy theorists who believe the federal government is buying up ammunition to deprive gun-owners of bullets.
“How can government function properly when a large portion of one of the major parties believes government is the enemy, an armed battle is in the near future and congress has to respond to those beliefs and take them seriously?”
2. Speaking of wild conspiracy theories, it’s been a while since we discussed these 2009 Tweets from Toure…
- Doctors Without Borders is demanding a war crimes investigation into the U.S. bombing of its Afghan hospital. ›
- Syrian troops launched a major ground offensive, backed by Russian airstrikes, against opposition forces. ›
- Tomas Lindahl, Paul Modrich, and Aziz Sancar have won the Nobel Prize in chemistry for figuring out how cells repair DNA. ›