1. Here’s how much time Fox News spent on Bundy during each hour of programming on April 14, the Monday after federal authorities released the Nevada rancher’s confiscated cattle.
2. Compare that with April 24, the day the New York Times reported on Bundy and a racist rant he gave. The Times story went live at 11:30 p.m. on Wednesday night and Fox first mentioned the story at 6:16 p.m. on Thursday.
3. Here’s that together.
4. By contrast, here’s how much time MSNBC spent on Bundy during each hour of programming on April 14.
5. And here are the stats for how much MSNBC talked about Bundy on April 24.
6. Here’s that together.
8. Fun Fact: MSNBC’s Chris Hayes was the only cable news host to dedicate more than 7.5 minutes of coverage to Bundy on both April 14 (13 minutes) and April 24 (32 minutes).
Contact Dorsey Shaw at email@example.com.
In The News Today
- The Baltimore Circuit Court will host the first hearing in the homicide case of Freddie Gray on Wednesday. ›
- Hundreds of Eurostar passengers moving between Britain and France were stranded for hours as people were seen on the tracks attempting to get through the tunnel. ›
- The fingerprints of the main suspect in last month's deadly Bangkok shrine blast match those found on bomb-making material, Thai police say. ›